Pork, beef, chicken, fish, vegetable, milk, flour, fruit dishes are characteristic for the Ukrainian food. Usually the very hot seasonings are not used. The Ukrainian food differs by careful preparation. The classical food cooking is carried out inside the furnace, in ceramic or pig-iron utensils. Sometimes food prepares on open fire.
The food of various Ukrainian regions has essential differences.
1. Salads (vegetable, meat, fruit) with sunflower oil, sour cream
2. Borcsh (most popular national Ukrainian soup, components: meat or chicken broth, cabbage, beet, onion, tomato, potato, carrot, sunflower oil)
3. Chicken soup
4. Fish soup (Ukha is called)
5. Noodles soup
6. Pea or string bean soup
7. Soup with galushki (test peaces cooked in a soup)
8. Groats soup
9. Vareniki (small test pies cooked in boiling water; with a different stuffing inside: cottage cheese, meat, potato, cabbage, cherry, fruit), usually submits with sour cream
10. Various porrige (millet, buckwheat, rice, corn, wheaten etc.) with milk, oil, butter, bacon
11. Fried eggs (with bacon, sausage, tomatoes)
12. Kholodec (meat or chicken jelly)
13. Home-made pork and bloody sausage
14. Pork bacon
15. Potato (boiled, fried, baked)
16. Stewed meat with a potato and mushrooms
17. Fish (fried, boiled, baked, with vegetables, in sour cream)
18. Pies (with cottage cheese, potato, meat, egg, onion, cabbage, cherries, fruit). Can be fried and baked.
19. Cottage cheese with sour cream.
20. Fruit compote.
21. Fruit jelly
23. Clabber, curdled milk